Sign up for the Contributor Day at WordCamp Europe 2015 on Sunday, June 28!
WordPress is created by thousands of people around the globe
Did you know that? And not all of them are developers or designers. All you need to start giving back to the project is to know and love WordPress.
Contributor days are a great way to learn how to do that. In addition Contributor days around global WordCamps give you the opportunity to meet and work alongside seasoned contributors from all teams as a lot of them attend.
We encourage you to take part of Contributor day especially if you have never contributed before and you’re looking for a way to get started.
Become a WordPress Contributor!
If you’ve never contributed to WordPress before, WordCamp Europe would be a great place to start. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone to help the projects, such as:
- Accessibility – test and improve the accessibility of the WordPress project
- BuddyPress & bbPress – grow the community building group by helping each of these projects
- Community – improve the WordCamp and meetup organization processes
- Core – improve the main WordPress platform
- Design – UI and UX updates
- Docs – improve the Codex, handbooks and other online resources for WordPress users and developers
- Meta – help the main WordPress websites such as WordPress.org or WordPress.tv
- Mobile – with the growing number of mobile devices on a daily basis, let’s make WordPress more mobile-friendy
- Polyglots – make WordPress and its accompanying resources available in your language
- Support – spread some happiness by helping out WordPress users in the support forums
- Theme Review – join the team responsible for the high quality in the Themes Directory on WordPress.org
- Training – the group of educators teaching WordPress around the globe
See? There’s plenty of room for everyone, and we’re more than happy to welcome newcomers to each of the WordPress Contributors team!
If you’re not sure which team is best for you, check out the Make WordPress website and all of the active teams.
What do I need?
Don’t forget your laptop and charger – you’ll need them during the contributing process.
Sign up for (or make sure that you already have):
Currently the main communication medium for contributors is Slack, so download a desktop version or use the web one with your credentials.
For Experienced Contributors
If you’re an experienced WordPress contributor, join the Contributor Day! We are looking for more mentors for the people starting out, and your experience would be a great asset for the day.
We will announce the main team leaders soon, but if you are interested in helping out with a specific team, let us know.
Plan For the Day
The Contributor Day will start at 11am at the Barceló Gran Hotel Renacimiento and we will wrap up at 6pm. Make sure that you are present at 11am when we will introduce the team leaders and the room that each team would be using for brainstorming and work.
Lunch would be available, so don’t forget to mark your dietary requirements (if any) in the form below.
In addition to the contributing teams, workshops would also be given at a separate room at the hotel. Nothing is set in stone and you will be able to switch teams or attend some of the workshops.
Sign Up Now
Fill in the form below to secure your place. The places are limited so act fast and reserve your slot!
See you there!